Sometime this morning Blizzard issued a hotfix that stopped the flow of overpowered gear, but hasn't issued an official statement acknowledging the bug. We've reached out to them for comment and will update this story if they respond WoW Classic Items. On the forums and subreddit, players are calling for Blizzard to roll back the servers and effectively erase this gear from existence, but whether they deem that necessary remains to be seen. But if you're one of the lucky few donning this souped up gear, I wouldn't get too attached until Blizzard releases a statement.

We're barely a month into the launch of Battle for Azeroth, World of Warcraft's latest expansion, and things have taken a very negative turn. The initial launch was a great success, with six vibrant zones to explore, entertaining quests, and some new activities like Island Expeditions that mix up the usual endgame grind. But as I said in my review, Battle for Azeroth's Azerite Armor system is the worst part of the whole expansion, and the problem has only gotten more profound as players have sunk their teeth into the new raid and Mythic+ dungeons.

Players' criticism of the system has steadily grown until this past week, when the World of Warcraft subreddit was largely dominated by a number of posts decrying various aspects of Azerite Armor. And players are right, Azerite Armor is just really, really badóbut it's not irredeemable.Keeping up with the tradition set in Legion, the previous expansion, Battle for Azeroth introduced an entirely new equipment system for players to tinker with as they leveled their characters and chewed away at new endgame systems.

The entire thing centers on the Heart of Azeroth, a necklace players earn almost immediately after starting the expansion Buy WoW Classic Gold. It's the central system for how players increase their power once they reach the new max level of 120. Doing practically any activity in Battle for Azerothófrom finding hidden treasure to running dungeonsórewards small bits of Azerite, the blood of the planet Azeroth. Azerite functions the same as your run-of-the-mill experience points by leveling up the Heart of Azeroth and gradually increasing its stats.